TERMS & CONDITIONS - Please read carefully
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (ABN 12 001 268 257), authorised to trade as The Globus Family of Brands (which includes the authorisation to trade as Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways) (“The Company”) constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (also referred to in these conditions as “traveller”) and The Company, and represents your acceptance of The Company’s Terms & Conditions as set out herein. Please ensure that you carefully read and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. As the lead traveller, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking, and you will be deemed to have accepted The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking.
2. Terms & Conditions are accurate at time of printing, and are subject to change prior to booking. You are advised to check on the websites or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your travel agent or your local representative of The Company prior to booking your holiday.
TO MAKE A RESERVATION
3. To make your reservation, see your travel agent, visit our website, or contact a local representative of The Company.
4. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit is processed by Avalon and you receive a confirmation invoice.
5. Except as provided in clause 12, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per land tour and $500 per person per cruise is required for The Company to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions as noted below. The deposit must be received within 7 days of booking. On certain departures, deposits and/or passport details may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by The Company by the deposit due date. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by The Company and The Company sends a confirmation invoice to you. Any bookings made within 21 days of your departure will incur a late booking fee of $30 per transaction. For cruise departures that feature Intra Air flights, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $1000 per person per cruise is required within 7 days of booking.
EXCEPTIONS TO CRUISE DEPOSIT
6. The following exceptions apply to these holidays:
• For holidays that include Oberammergau in 2020, the per person cruise deposit is $1,000.
CRUISE FINAL PAYMENT
7. Payment of the balance in full must be received by The Company not less than 60 days before a scheduled land tour departure, and not less than 90 days before a scheduled cruise departure, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking. If final payment is not received by The Company by the due date, your reservation (land, cruise, and air) will be cancelled and your full deposit, including SafetyNet Protection payments, will be retained by The Company. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to group reservations. For group reservations, please contact your local representative of The Company or see your Travel Agent.
8. Other final payment dates may apply to Monograms and Globus holidays listed in this brochure. Please check with your Travel Agent or your local representative of The Company prior to booking for the Terms and Conditions of those holidays. (For Group Reservations, refer to the Group Policy. SafetyNet Protection does not apply to Group Bookings).
9. You are responsible for verifying that everything on your invoice is accurate and complete, including dates of travel, options selected, and that each name matches the relevant passport. The Company cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the invoice. Changes are subject to the fees and penalties noted below. In the case of billing errors, Avalon reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
FORM OF PAYMENT
10. Please check what form of payment is acceptable upon booking.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE ITINERARIES
11. Holiday departures in 2021 are subject to itinerary modifications. Full details will be available in February 2020. Passengers have the right to cancel their reservation without penalty within 7 days of notification in the event of itinerary modifications for departures in 2021 prior to the release of the 2020 brochure.
BOOKING CANCELLATION & CANCELLATIONS FEE’S
12. Subject to clause 13 below, you have a cooling-off period of seven (7) days during which you may cancel your holiday. Your cancellation must be made in writing and received by The Company within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period will commence on the first day following the day on which you book your holiday. If you cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period your deposit will be refunded and no cancellation fee will apply. If you do not cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period, then all other of these Terms and Conditions apply.
13. No cooling-off period will apply to holidays booked less than 60 days before a scheduled land tour departure, and less than 90 days before a scheduled cruise departure, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
14. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company before the final payment due date of your holiday, the non-refundable deposit and SafetyNet Protection payments will be retained in addition to any airline-imposed fees or cancellation charges. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company after the final payment due date of your holiday, the below specified per person cancellation fees apply for individual reservations. The total price specified below does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy. SafetyNet Protection does not apply to Group Bookings). No cancellation fee will apply to holidays cancelled within the cooling-off period (see clause 12).
STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT HOLIDAYS:
60-22 days prior to scheduled departure: 20% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
21-8 days prior to scheduled departure: 30% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
7-1 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
On scheduled departure day and later: 100% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection
15. Note: Pre-paid gratuities are not subject to cancellation fees.
STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR CRUISE HOLIDAYS:
90-60 days prior to scheduled departure: 35% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
59-30 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price(including SafetyNet Protection)
29-1 days prior to scheduled departure: 80% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
On scheduled departure day and later: 100% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection
16. Note: Pre-paid gratuities and Port Charges are not subject to cancellation fees.
17. Other cancellation fees may apply to holidays listed in this brochure. Please check with your Travel Agent or your local representative of The Company prior to booking for the latest Terms & Conditions.
18. Cancellation fees relating to insurance policies will be subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance provider’s policy and will incur the standard Revision Fee (see “Revision Fees” below).
19. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full cruise and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply (see “Revision Fees” below). In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
20. The above cancellation charges will be applied in all cases. The Company strongly recommends you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, and land content and airfare charges that may arise, including due to cancellation.
YOUNG PASSENGER RESTRICTIONS & DISCOUNTS
21. Travellers under 18 years old on the scheduled departure date must be accompanied by an adult and share the adult’s accommodation for the duration of the holiday. There are no connecting staterooms on Avalon Waterways.
The following age restrictions apply to land tours and cruises:
a) Globus and Cosmos escorted holidays: children aged 8 years and over are eligible to travel. Travellers aged 8-17 receive a 10% discount on the base land holiday price, not including internal air travel.
b) Monograms independent holidays: children of all ages are eligible to travel. Land arrangements for infants under two years of age are free of charge, providing parents pay hotels directly for special arrangements (eg. food, cot etc). In Europe, children aged 11 and under receive a 25% discount on the land tour price when sharing with an adult (not including internal air). Children aged 12-17 receive a 10% discount off the land tour price (not including internal air travel) when sharing accommodation with an adult. In South America, children aged 2-17 receive a 10% discount off the land tour price (not including internal air travel) when sharing accommodation with an adult.
c) Avalon Waterways river cruises: children aged 8 years and over are eligible to travel.
22. Young traveller discounts are based on the age of the traveller at the scheduled departure date. There are no discounts for young passengers on Avalon cruise holidays.
23. Avalon Asia cruises with intra-holiday air have a baggage weight limit of 20 kg (44lbs) per person. Baggage over this limit will incur additional fees, which are not included in the holiday price and are payable to the airline directly at the airport.
24. The Company is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through The Company, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, providing you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline-imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at time of request.
25. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by The Company for portions of trips missed due to cancelled, rescheduled, or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is The Company responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
26. For air purchased through The Company, if any air schedule requires an overnight stay in a gateway city, The Company can assist you with hotel reservations; however, the cost of the overnight stay (including but not limited to hotel and meals) is your expense. Air routings are subject to availability. Routings are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time.
27. If you make your own flight arrangements, The Company will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
AIR-INCLUSIVE HOLIDAYS & FINAL PAYMENT
28. Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your holiday and/or for intra-holiday air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive holidays”). Air-inclusive holiday pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of cruise deposit plus full airfare payment, subject to airline conditions.
29. In the sole discretion of The Company or the Ship’s Operator or the captain, The Company may refuse transport to any passenger or may require any passenger to disembark if it is reasonably believed that the passenger (1) is dangerous to others or to himself or herself; (2) has engaged in, is engaged in, or is threatening to engage in behaviour that may adversely affect the safety, security, comfort, enjoyment, or well-being of other passengers or crew members, including, but not limited to, behaviour that is disruptive, verbally abusive, physically abusive, obnoxious, harassing, discriminatory, or obscene; or (3) has failed or refused or is failing or refusing to following The Company rules and procedures or the instructions of Avalon, its representatives, or the crew members. In the event a passenger is removed, such passenger may be left at any port or place the ship calls without any liability to Avalon or its representatives. The Company shall not be required to refund any portion of the fare paid by any passenger who is removed under the terms of this paragraph, nor shall The Company be responsible for expenses for lodging, medical care, meals, transportation, or any other expenses incurred by the passenger. The Company shall be entitled to recover from the passenger any costs or expenses incurred by The Company, its representatives, or the crew members in the removal of the passenger or the exercise or enforcement of this clause.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE & LIABILTY
30. Porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person is included in the holiday price. Airport/train station porterage is not included, unless otherwise specified in your Travel Documents. Be prepared to carry your own suitcase on and off airplanes and trains and through airports and train stations. Regulations within most airports require passengers to handle their own luggage through Immigration & Customs.
31. Your single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 30"x21"x11" and weight not exceeding 23 kg (50lbs). We regret that we are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits on any Avalon holiday outside of Europe. Some holidays have more restrictive regulations than those listed above. Refer to your Travel Documents for more information.
32. Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination. While making an air-inclusive booking, you will be provided with baggage fee information. After booking an air-inclusive booking, up-to-date information on carrier-specific standard checked baggage allowance (including size and weight limitations), the standard allowance (and fee, if applicable) for carry-on baggage, and the standard fee for the first and second checked bag, along with the information about additional discounts that may apply depending on flyer-specific factors (e.g., frequent flyer status, military, credit card used for purchase, or early purchase over the Internet, etc.) can be found on the carrier’s website. The Company is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage, and these fees are not included in the air-inclusive holiday price. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
33. No responsibility is accepted by The Company for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveller’s belongings throughout the duration of the holiday. Travellers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewellery and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveller. Baggage insurance is highly recommended.
34. Carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
35. The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any holiday departure for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure (see below). If a holiday is cancelled prior to departure, The Company’s only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. The Company will try to rebook the same holiday with a different departure date, or a similar holiday, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. For air-inclusive holidays, The Company will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. The Company cannot assume responsibility for any additional costs or any fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through The Company.
37. Some local and foreign government agencies require The Company to collect and pass on in advance of travel certain personal and other details related to you, including but not limited to government-issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details, as requested, fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or cancelled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
38. We will use your personal data secured during your booking or during online check-in to process your booking with our suppliers. These details include your full name, address, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, occupation, credit/debit card information, and any disability, medical conditions, or dietary restrictions disclosed to The Company for you and all in your travelling party.
39. It may be necessary to transfer these details to other countries or authorities whose data protection and privacy laws may be different than ours. This may include requirements to pass details to our suppliers as well as certain governments or government-appointed bodies or agencies in the interest of security or because we are obliged to by law. By making a booking with The Company (or a local representative of The Company), you agree to The Company storing, using, and passing on this data to other third parties for reasons as stated above, and hold The Company not liable for the usage and protection of that data.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
40. All passengers must provide emergency contact details and passport, or government issued ID information (when required) PRIOR TO TRAVEL. This includes a “Local” contact so that The Company can get in touch with friends or family in the rare case of an emergency as well as an “On Tour” contact, i.e. mobile phone number or email address, for use by the Tour or Cruise Director. Emergency contact details should be provided by creating a customer MyAccount at www.globusfamily.com.au and following the instructions given.
41. All Cruise Directors, Local Hosts, Local Guides, and ships’ crews speak English, and all holiday commentary and instructions are conducted in English only (unless specified otherwise). For your safety and enjoyment, you must be able to read, understand and speak English.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CRUISE ITINERARY CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & DOUBLE DOCKING
42. In the event of water level problems on stretches of any waterway, technical problems of any nature, severe weather, flooding, fire, drought, earthquake, explosion, peril of navigation, industrial action, civil unrest, war, government order or act, operational requirements, or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The Company, it may be necessary to operate part or all of the itinerary by substitute vessel or motorcoach and hotel accommodation. The Company reserves the right to change the itinerary whenever conditions, in the opinion of the Master of the Ship or local waterways regulations, render it advisable or necessary. In addition, river and other local authorities often need to carry out repair or maintenance work on the river or canal banks, stretches of river or canal, bridges, locks or docks, or other areas which may impede river cruise travel. This is frequently undertaken with little or no advance notice to river cruise operators, and can cause The Company to make changes to the published itinerary or to operate part of the itinerary by substitute vessel or motorcoach and hotel accommodation with little to no advance notice. These events are beyond our control, and The Company will not be responsible for any loss, expense, or inconvenience caused by reasons of such changes.
43. Docking positions at each port are assigned by local authorities, and river cruise companies have no control over where they can dock. This can sometimes result in double-docking, when more than one ship is assigned to the same dock and the ships are rafted together, temporarily obstructing the view. When double-docked you might be required to pass through another vessel to embark/disembark. The Company will not be responsible for any inconvenience or injury sustained as a consequence of embarking or disembarking not under the direct control of The Company caused by reasons of such assignment.
44. The Company reserves the right to cancel, advance, or postpone any scheduled tour and/or sailing date and may, but is not obligated to, substitute another vessel, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to tour/cruise participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement, or postponement. In the event of cancellation by The Company, tour/cruise participants’ only right of recourse shall be to a refund of monies paid to The Company in connection with such tour/cruise. In the event of charters of the vessels, strikes, lockouts, riots, or stoppage of labour for whatever cause or for any other reason whatsoever, The Company may at any time cancel, advance, or postpone any scheduled sailing and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to tour/cruise participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement, or postponement.
45. The Company assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or entry of any nature in whole or in part resulting from an Act of God or any other force majeure condition, including without limitation: fire, volcanic eruption, environmental pollution or contamination, inclement weather, earthquake, low or high water levels, flood, water or power shortages or failures, tropical storms or hurricanes, riots or civil commissions or disturbances, and any other acts of a similar nature, sabotage, arrests, strikes or labour disruptions, restraint of rulers or peoples, expropriations, acts of terrorism, war, insurrection, quarantine restrictions, government health advisories or warnings or alerts of any kind of nature, government seizures, refusal or cancellation or suspension or delay of any government authority or any license, permit or authorization, damages to its facilities or the travel supplier and its facilities, or any other unforeseen circumstances or any other factors unforeseen by The Company that impacts negatively on, or hampers, its ability to fulfil any of its contractual conditions. In the event that any of these conditions apply, The Company shall be excused, discharged, and released from performance to the extent such performance is so limited or prevented, without liability of any kind.
FREQUENT FLYER & HOTEL REWARD PROGRAMS
46. Frequent Flyer mileage accrual is at the discretion of the airline(s), and is not always granted for airfare purchased through The Company. You will need to contact the airline(s) directly for information on Frequent Flyer programs and any applicable reward mile accrual. The Company cannot assist with this process. Cancellation penalties, as noted above, will apply to all airfare, regardless of accrual grants. Take this into consideration before purchasing airfare.
47. Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with hotels used by The Company.
48. If you have prepaid your gratuities to your Tour/Cruise Director and Driver or if they are already included in the price of the holiday, this will be detailed within your Tour/Cruise Member Certificate and vouchers will be included within your Tour Documentation. Please note that included gratuities for Avalon Europe cover wait staff at included meals, hospitality staff at hotels for nights purchased through Avalon, porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person, the cruise director, crew, local guides and local drivers and the cruise portion only; prepaid gratuities cover only the land portion operated by The Company of the tour itinerary. Where The Company sources other leading operators for cruising or rail elements of your holiday, the option to prepay local gratuities is not available.
HOLIDAYS & SPECIAL EVENTS
49. During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on Sundays, and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. The Company cannot be held responsible for any closures, necessary itinerary changes, or curtails for any reason.
50. Please note that Christmas markets generally operate from late November until the third week of December. This is dependent on location and may vary from year to year. No alternatives will be offered if a Christmas market is not operating.
HOTELS, ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORTATION
51. The hotels listed on the website or in the brochure are intended to be used on all departures; however, hotels are not guaranteed. The Company reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels for additional departures on the same date, or hotel location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotel changes; full cancellation penalties, as noted above, apply.
52. The Company contracts twin-bedded rooms. Double-bedded rooms may be requested, but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. If available, additional charges may apply for a roll-away and are payable by you directly to the hotel.
53. Single supplements ensure your own room, not necessarily a twin- or double-bedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and may be less conveniently located.
54. Accommodations outside your home country may not accommodate wheelchairs or be wheelchair accessible. See the PASSENGERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES clause below.
55. Room and bed preferences are not guaranteed.
56. Check-in times vary worldwide; The Company cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
57. On cruises, staterooms are subject to change and are finalised upon embarkation.
58. Air-conditioning in hotels is not guaranteed and is dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or in the off-season (October–May). Other restrictions may apply. The Company has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
59. In the rare event included train or air services are unavailable, alternate services will be provided. Itinerary timings are approximate, and are subject to change.
60. Some countries may require aircraft cabin insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. For more information about aircraft disinfection requirements and a list of countries requiring disinfection of inbound flights, visit https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray.
MEDICAL & HEALTH
61. No medical personnel is present on board the Avalon vessels. The Company cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services. Any medical attention you require while travelling with The Company must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense.
62. The Company reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who show signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behaviour-related assessment is at the sole discretion of The Company or the Ship’s Operator or the captain. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis, and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to re-join the tour or cruise with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fitness to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
63. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while travelling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. The Company is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damage, claims, or death resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach is equipped with them.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE LAND/CRUISE HOLIDAY PRICE
64. The following charges are not included in the land/cruise holiday price, unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your holiday; intra-holiday air, unless specified in the itinerary; fees and taxes; port taxes; airport transfers; passports; visas; vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship’s crew (unless otherwise noted in the specific itinerary pricing details); gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus, Monograms, Cosmos or Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; insurance; and all other items of a personal nature.
OPTIONAL SHORE EXCURSIONS
65. Optional shore excursions (“the Services”) available for booking are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of The Company and do not form any part of the product or services sold to you by The Company or of these Terms & Conditions, even where The Company suggests particular operators/other third parties and/or assists you in booking such optional shore excursions. Your contract for such Services will be with the organiser or operator of that Service, and will be subject to its Terms & Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. The Company has no liability for any such optional shore excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the organiser or operator or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the optional shore excursion.
66. Any advice or assistance on or with any Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by Avalon, or that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of Avalon. Holiday participants are asked to check with the operator of any optional shore excursion and the applicable Terms & Conditions before booking.
67. For operational reasons, not all optional shore excursions listed in the tour/cruise itinerary, in print, online, or in Travel Documents may be available during your holiday. Your Tour or Cruise Director, or Local Host will advise of availability while on the tour, cruise or city stay.
68. Optional shore excursions may be purchased 90 days in advance of travel via MyAccount and/or AvalonGO app. Booking conditions apply (refer to MyAccount & AvalonGO Terms & Conditions).
PASSENGERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES
69. You must report to The Company any disability requiring special attention while on tour or on cruise at the time the reservation is made. The Company will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so nor responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. The Company does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking, etc.) and The Company does not provide individual assistance to a tour or cruise participant for walking, dining, getting on and off coaches, cruise ships, and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically-able companion should accompany passengers who need such assistance.
70. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, The Company reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your holiday if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the holiday, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or personnel on board the vessel, are incompatible with other passengers, or if you are not travelling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. The Company will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the holiday. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
71. Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. The Company will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Although some of our ships have elevators, many of our small ships do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should inquire before making reservations.
72. Most stateroom and bathroom doors as well as restrooms are not wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs, and bathrooms and other doorways may be fitted with coamings. Motorised scooters and motorised wheelchairs are not permitted on Avalon cruises. Arrangements cannot be made to carry or use these on tour or cruise and if you bring one, you will be asked to make alternate arrangements for transporting the scooter to your end destination at your expense. Collapsible wheelchairs are permitted on board, but for safety reasons, the number The Company can accept is limited and wheelchair maximum size must not exceed 1030mm/40.55” length x 555mm/21.85” width. You must notify The Company at the time of booking of your intention to bring a wheelchair to ensure The Company can accommodate within safety regulations. Otherwise, you or your wheelchair may not be permitted on board. There is no separate storage for wheelchairs; it must be kept in your stateroom. For safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the ship is at anchor.
73. Photographs or pictures appearing on this website should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the itinerary pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual routing should the itinerary change.
74. Avalon does not have specialised facilities and/or treatments required for childbirth, prenatal, or early infant care on board its cruise ships, nor may those facilities be available at ports of call or on land stays. The Company strongly urges pregnant passengers to consider the risks of travelling where necessary medical care for pregnancy may not be available and may not be reachable in a timely manner to address potential medical complications, problems, and emergencies that can occur during pregnancy. Pregnant passengers past their sixth month of pregnancy cannot be accommodated.
75. All holidays are priced in USD and are based on rates (reflecting foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication and expected to be in effect at the time of departure, and do not include airfare, except where noted on specific itineraries. Holiday prices are per person, based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Single room supplements are applicable, please contact your local representative for prices. Not all accommodation types are available on all holidays.
76. Prices are subject to change without notice, subject to the guarantees set forth below.
77. Once The Company has received your full cruise deposit for any cruise holiday, that cruise price is guaranteed and you are protected against any base land or cruise price increase due to currency surcharge. Any subsequent land or cruise cost increases are at The Company's expense, not including energy cost increases and/or any government tax increases.
78. Pricing for air-inclusive holidays, including those with intra-holiday air, are guaranteed when Avalon has received your full cruise plus air payment, as noted above; thus, any subsequent revisions made at your request are subject to airline-imposed change fees, cancellation fees, and/or changes in airfare price, which are your responsibility to pay.
79. Any request for refunds is subject to these Terms & Conditions; no refund will be made for unused services, for unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the passenger. Customers not using the included transfer will not be given a cash equivalent or holiday price reduction.
REVISIONS & REVISION FEE’S
80. In addition to any airline-imposed change fees, a fee of $30 per person will be charged by The Company for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after deposit is received. Any revision to a booking, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare, which will be payable by you. Additional airline and hotel charges may also apply and may be up to 100% of the full price.
81. Intra-holiday air and hotel penalties may also apply to alterations or revisions to a booking, and may be up to 100% of the full price.
82. A change of passenger name, holiday date, or itinerary within final payment will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; holiday and airfare cancellation fees, as above, apply.
83. Be aware that during your participation on holiday operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including but not limited to: the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a holiday and/or optional excursions, you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. The Company is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold The Company harmless for such.
84. No weapons of any type are permitted on any services offered by The Company . This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brace knuckles, and other weapons of any type.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK – DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
85. The Company will use its best efforts to cater for your special dietary requirements and allergies. If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform your local representative of The Company at the time of making your reservation. However, The Company cannot guarantee that certain products will not be in food served. The Company will not accept any liability in relation to any medical conditions, special dietary requirements and/or allergies of travellers, even if such conditions are listed in the Emergency Contact Details provided by the traveller. You must make your own decisions when selecting meals. The Company’s comments are only to assist you in making an informed decision.
GLOBUS & MONOGRAMS HOLIDAYS
86. Please note that full details and information pertaining to Monograms & Globus holidays will be confirmed no earlier than October 2019. Standard Monograms & Globus programs will not be available prior to October 2019.
SERVICE ENQUIRIES AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY
87. After returning from your holiday, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Avalon Waterways, Client Relations, Circuit Travel Pty Ltd. Any complaint or claim involving the holiday services offered in the Avalon brochure or on the Avalon website involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the holiday participant must be notified to Tour/Cruise Director immediately while on holiday or within 30 days of the holiday completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law.
88. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by Avalon. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars or any other smoking device.
89. Many hotels, restaurants, and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
90. Hotels may impose a 100% non-smoking policy. If you require a smoking room, a request may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee availability.
91. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the Avalon holiday. You are responsible for knowing and observing the licensing laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
92. Unless otherwise specified, transfers arranged by The Company are provided by independent transportation suppliers and are group transfers operated by motorcoach and may have pre-set departures times. The Company is not responsible for flight delays, delays in immigration or customs, delays due to lost baggage, or delays for any reason beyond our control if you miss your transfer. Missed transfers are non-refundable.
93. Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are available approximately four weeks prior to departure provided full payment, emergency contact details and passport information have been received, and passengers have acknowledged the Globus family of brands Terms and Conditions, via their customer MyAccount. A service charge will be applied where multiple copies of documentation are requested. Alternatively, e-documentation may be issued.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
94. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarised letter be written by the parents, or non-travelling parent, granting authorisation to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
95. Acceptance on the holiday is subject to presentation of your Tour/Cruise Member Certificate, which details the services you have purchased from The Company and which will be available in your final Travel Documents.
VISA & PASSPORTS
96. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your holiday. You are responsible for obtaining independently and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/ or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry on any transport or into any country due to failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements.
97. You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling. Multiple-entry visas are required for some holidays. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
98. Signing of a Liability Release is required on Active Discovery cruises and for the activities that have higher inherent risks. On the first day of the cruise, the Cruise Director will ask you to sign this Liability Release. You can view a copy of the Liability Release on our website.
99. During the course of your cruise, tour, or excursion, you may encounter the opportunity to participate in additional, optional activities that are provided by independent third-party suppliers. The suppliers of those optional services may render those services subject to separate and additional terms and conditions, or may require you to execute additional documents, waivers, or releases. It is understood that any assumptions of liability, waivers, or releases that are part of the suppliers’ terms and conditions or that are required by those independent suppliers will also inure to the benefit of Circuit Travel Pty Ltd, Avalon Waterways, Globus, and Monograms.
100. Wi-Fi connectivity is provided by an independent third party with separate Terms & Conditions of usage and acceptance thereof. These can be found online or will be made available upon request. Wi-Fi connectivity is not always guaranteed, and is often may be disrupted, unavailable, and slower on board than you are accustomed.
101. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd, is an independent company (“the Company”) licensed to market and distribute travel products under the Avalon Waterways, Globus, Cosmos, and Monograms brand names, and arrange for the vacation services offered on this website, including transportation, sightseeing, and accommodations through independent contracts.
102. Subject to clauses 42 to 44 & 65 to 66 above, The Company is responsible for providing the services described on this website, including arranging transportation, sightseeing, and accommodation as described. All references to The Company include its agents and employees.
103. Air carriers, accommodations, and other suppliers (including but not limited to trains, cruises, ferries, motorcoaches, hotels, and restaurants) providing services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, servants, or joint venturers of the Company or its affiliates. From time-to-time, and for the purpose of identifying those independent third-party suppliers of services as the provider of a component or part of an Avalon cruise, package or tour, some or all of those entities may utilise the name “Avalon” on promotional media, signage, or attire. Although you may see the name “Avalon” on vehicles, signs, apparel, or elsewhere during your cruise, tour, or excursion, its use by third-party suppliers is solely for the purpose of identification and does not represent or signify in any way ownership, management, supervision, or control by the Company of services that are provided by independent third-party suppliers or of the employees, servants, or agents of the third-party suppliers. All certificates and other Travel Documents for services issued by the Company are subject to the Terms & Conditions specified by the supplier, which are available upon request, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied.
104. The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties. These international conventions and treaties limit and, in some events, exclude the carrier’s liability to travellers. Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail, or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, The Company’s maximum liability is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention or treaty applicable to the travel arrangements or hotel stay. International conventions and treaties that may apply include: the Montreal Convention (1999), the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (the Warsaw Convention), the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague on 28 September 1955 and the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 of Montreal (1975) and the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an operating license granted by an EU country, in relation to air travel; the Berne Convention for rail travel; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention for carriage by road and the Paris Convention 1962 for hotels.
105. Booking and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
106. After departure, if the Services included in the holiday cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, depending on the circumstance, the Company will take reasonable action to arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expense will be the responsibility of holiday participants, and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to holiday participants.
107. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever The Company considers it necessary for the comfort, convenience or safety of travellers, and to cancel a holiday at any time in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
108. Notwithstanding anything contained in these conditions, The Company shall continue to be subject to any guarantees provided by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the Australian Consumer Law (the Act) if and to the extent that the Act is applicable to these conditions and prevents the exclusion, restriction and modification of such guarantees.
109. The Company excludes all liability including liability for any loss, damage, costs and expenses whatsoever (including personal injury, death, and property loss) that may arise in connection with or arising out of your holiday and liability under implied conditions, and warranties and guarantees except any guarantees, the exclusion of which would cause this Clause to be void, such guarantees being referred to in these conditions as “non-excludable guarantees”.
110. The Company limits its liability to you for breach of any non-excludable guarantees to the supplying of the service again or the payment of the cost of having the service supplied again, as determined by The Company.
SMOKING & ILLEGAL DRUGS
111. You agree that neither The Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss) or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any Supplier providing services, or of any insurer or insurance administrator, or of any other person.
112. Legal proceedings against The Company may be instituted only in a court within the State of New South Wales, and any claim involved in such proceedings shall be decided in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales. Neither The Company nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to punitive or aggravated damages. No person, other than an authorised representative of The Company by a document in writing, is authorised to vary, add, or waive any term or condition in this brochure/website, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
113. As a passenger on board an Avalon river cruise, you are also subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Carrier. Carrier Terms & Conditions are available for each Avalon ship upon request.
AVALON WATERWAYS, and other AVALON formative marks, are trade and service marks owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Avalon Waterways Inc., in the Australian Trademarks Registry and in other global jurisdictions. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark AVALON WATERWAYS and other AVALON formative marks owned by Avalon Waterways Inc.
Your Avalon Waterways Local Representative in Vietnam:
Star Travel International Corporation
Address: 96 Tran Hung Dao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Telephone: +84 28 39 201 201